When I say skinny, I mean at a healthy body weight. I’m not giving you habits of anorexic people. These are 10 habits of skinny, healthy people aka secrets to weight loss. Shhh, keep this between you, me and everybody else.
1. They wake up early. Healthy people have a normal sleep schedule. They go to bed early and they wake up earlier than most people, feeling refreshed. Skinny people also know that waking up early gives you more time to be active during the day.
2. They exercise early. When I say early, I mean before dinner time. Exercising in the morning, before or after breakfast, is best because it boosts your metabolism and skinny people know this all to well.
3. They stay positive. Healthy people have a positive outlook on life. They know that seeing life in a positive way motivates them to stay healthy and live longer.
4. They eat vegetables. Skinny people stay skinny by eating vitamin rich, low calorie vegetables as meals, as snacks and everyday. They also know that green vegetables are the best, full of vitamins, nutrients and immune boosting magic.
5. They set goals. Healthy people always strive to better themselves and to do this, they set goals. Their goals are both short term an long term. When they meet a certain goal, they set a new one.
6. They learn. Skinny people are constantly learning about nutrition and fitness. They educate themselves on the best way to be healthy. Constant learning strengthens the body and not just the mind.
7. They have hobbies. Whether it’s blogging (my personal hobby) or volunteering to coach little league, healthy people stay busy. Hobbies help them do this tremendously.
8. They meditate. I meditate. I wish I knew the benefits of meditation 10 years ago. Healthy people control their thoughts and not vice versa. This is easily achieved by meditation.
9. They stretch. Stretching everyday is so good for you in more ways than one. Healthy people keep their muscles strong, their bodies limber and the fat off easily by stretching multiple times a day.
10. They say no. And they aren’t hesitant about it. Healthy people know when to say no to fatty foods, risky behaviors and unhealthy activities. Sometimes saying “no” is a good thing.
What are some of your habits that keep you healthy?