Day 6 of the 3 week weight loss course. My biggest problem in my weight loss journey was overindulgence. I didn’t stop eating, even when I felt full. I knew that the concept “eat less to lose weight” sounded simple, but I needed some help. If you find yourself overindulging in food, follow these steps to eat less and lose weight.
1. Eat at your dining room table. Never eat standing up, watching tv or at your computer. When you put full attention on your food, you actually eat less.
2. Eat slow. Taste your food instead of swallowing it whole. Do this: Take a bite and put your fork/spoon down. If you are eating something with your hands, put your food down. Chew your food at least 20 times. Take another bite and repeat. You will feel full faster and therefore, eat less!
3. Drink a glass of water and eat a salad 15 minutes before your meal. Light dressing of course! This will curb your appetite during your meal and again, help you eat less!
4. Eat breakfast! Skipping breakfast slows your metabolism and you’ll feel close to starvation at lunch time, causing you to more than likely, overeat.
5. Pick a time, such as 8:00 pm, and don’t eat anything after this time. Brush your teeth at that time to feel less tempted. Also, copy your reasons for why you want to lose weight and hang them on your fridge to decrease the urge even more.
6. When you fill full, stop eating. Put your food up and out of sight!
7. Practice portion control. Read tomorrow’s subject for more details on portion control.
Assignment: Start all these steps, one by one. Write down these tips in your journal so you are sure to remember them and follow them!
Check back for tomorrow’s subject: Portion control